3/25/10

Changes All Around

Hello everyone!

Did you ever notice that when you begin to make changes that the people around you begin to resent that you are changing? They may say "I want only what will make you happy". When in fact really they only want you to stay the same, safe, uncomfortable, unhappy and status qou. That is really what makes THEM comfortable right?

I spent over 80 minutes on the phone with a what I consider a close friend the other night. I was ready to throw in the towel. I have changed over my life. This isn't a DIET, it has been a total lifestyle change. We didn't leave the show with a secret pill, a secret tea or even a secret. They sent us home with ourselves. Which some days can be our own worst enemy. We needed to come to grips with ourselves. Convince ME that YES I want to change. I came home and cleaned out my refrigerator and dumped the crap! Because I know I am not strong enough to refuse it. Face it I know myself. You have to be honest with yourself - don't kid yourself. I didn't!! I know I am NOT strong enough to just buy it for my son and not eat it. Better yet he shouldn't be eating it anyway!

That just isn't enough though is it? Back to those people that want what is "best for us" Yet watch them. They are certainly not willing to come along with you so quickly are they? They are out to sabotages the entire process. I cannot stand hearing "The entire world is not on a diet, only you are" Well as I said, I am not on a diet. I have decided to make a lifestyle change. Believe me there is NOT one person around me who could not afford to make a lifestyle change. I take almonds and water to the movies while I watch others close to me eat popcorn and drink soda. I eat fruit and yogurt and count calories and wish to know how my food is prepared when I eat out. This is only because to look beautiful again to me is important. It is the few things I can control that is important in this journey. I want to walk tall again. I want to know that I am the one that draws the special someones eye to me. No one wants the next hot one to walk past to gain the attention of those eyes instead. Isn't it bad enough that we are getting older, but to also get heavier and feel we "don't have it anymore" is just blah.

So for those family members that read this - or talk your family members into reading this for you. Support those that are on the journey. It isn't easy. We need you - we need your support more then ever. Support is NOT nagging. Support is being by our side. If you chose to not be on the journey with us - that is your loss. PLEASE don't do it in front of us. Of course I am not saying to be closet eaters or sneak around. But just be courteous. Do not question what it is that we do at restaurants. Support us, because in our heads we do it for a reason. Right now - we don't feel as if we have that much control over much else. Talk to our kids about manners and compassion - it will only help them in the long run. Wow sure it may not be fun, but look at the payoff in the end!

Please take the journey with us.......

6 comments:

  1. Julie this is moving. You are doing what I know to be right. Lifestyle changes are much harder then a diet. Good for you for sticking with it. Facing ourselves is one of the hardest things we can do. Good for you! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also experienced this same thing with friends not being supportive (family has always been great)and it is heart breaking and frustrating.

    Thank you for this post, I totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family and Friends are not always a support. It can make for some hard road blocks. Don't let it stop your progression.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, you are amazing! Please dont let anyones judgements, comments, or their insecurites ruin what you are doing for YOURSELF!!! Good luck, and always remember, Thomas the Train, I can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all those that comment. It always amazes me that people are reading this. What amazes me the most is that I can make sense. Amazing I never considered myself amazing but thank you Lisa for the great compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Julie,

    It's Trish from over at Daily Health Web.

    Keep the determination you started off with...and you will muddle through. I have another comment on my blog that maybe you can answer better than I.

    I will add a link back to your blog, they left a comment as Anonymous, and want to know how all the contestants are doing.

    I would appreciate you popping over and give an update to inspire all who are wondering how everyone is doing.

    Thanks

    Trish

    Enjoy this journey you are on, it's a lifechanger!

    ReplyDelete