3/22/10

Weigh In Day

Well it is Monday - of course it is WEIGH IN DAY! The day that I either cannot wait for or dread. I haven't really decided yet which one it is. So today I am down ONE pound. I didn't think light enough as I drove to the gym to step on the scale. Last week I said all the way there to myself. "Think light, think light, think light". Now are you picturing in your head someone breathing - doing a hand gesture in front of you making a wave and saying that at the same time? Good! Now you have the right visual. Today, my mind was elsewhere and by the time I got in the parking lot and out of the car, then I decided oh yeah - think light. Well that didn't work!! Good news is - my new outlook is FOCUS on the positive. Did I gain? NO! Did I cheat? NO! Did I get in my steps? Yes! Could I have done better! ALWAYS! So another week! Bonus I weigh less then what I did when I started this journey!

What else this journey has brought me is friends that I haven't spoken to in a long while. You have reached out to me from every where. Whether you have called, emailed or face booked me. I need all of you to know how much it means to me. I had a GREAT friend call me today on the phone, I think we talked for TWO hours. I don't remember the last time I had a phone conversation like that - well I do but I was in a car on the way to Toronto. She tried to explain to me what a great person I am. She keeps trying to explain to me what a great find I am. I think a great treasure she called me. She is great at always seeing that in me - when I couldn't or still can't see that! We were a great team back in the day! I would play short stop and she would play third base! When my arm hurt so bad and I couldn't tell the coach (because he was my Dad) we could make it look like a trick and I could toss the ball to her and we could still get the out at first! She has always had my back and knew when she needed to be there for me just like today!

So thanks for being there for me through this journey - I may have some rough days and patches like today but I promise not to give up. If you guys promise to keep pushing me and calling me to give me the kick in the butt I need to say "Get up and Get Moving" (that's for Jill)

Until next time.............

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Julie. It has been great reading your progress. I love Jill Too. I am glad you have her. She loves doing this. Keep plugging along and you will get there.
    Keep focus on the positive. Positive comes from positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Just reading along through your blog and I see you were in Toronto, you could of popped in and seen me...lol.

    My thoughts are with you as you follow this new path you are walking Kiddo... I am very excited to update everyone when you return to Dr Oz Julie.

    ReplyDelete