3/16/10

Huge Step Tonight

Tonight I had to attend Parents Night at my sons new school. He was accepted to a new high school for next year and tonight all new freshman parents were to meet each other. I dreaded the meeting since the email came out on Saturday! I counted the hours today until I had to get ready to leave. I strongly dislike (hate) needing to see people in public. I am much happier sitting in in my living room where I am comfortable seeing no one. Well my son needs me tonight. This is a HUGE step for him. He has wanted to attend this school since the fourth grade.

It took me two hours to get ready. Not two hours because I primped but because I had to talk myself into going. Well I did it - I went - I smiled and I made it through. At the end of the night I got into the car and I said to myself "the next time you see these people it can only be better". But the best part, my son looked at me and said "Thanks Mom for coming with me tonight!" Those words alone make this journey all worth it!

3 comments:

  1. That is GREAT!! What a reward.

    I am excited about following your blog! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! You are growing.

    ReplyDelete