3/17/10

What a Beautiful Day!!

YOU-reka (lol) what an epiphany today! My son text me from his friends house today to ask me to come pick him up. Now this kid lives in our neighborhood. I realized Grandma who lives with us would usually pick him up. Me, I would sit here in my office and allow it. I thought a minute and then I text him back. "It is a beautiful day, you can walk home!" I get the message back "What? Are you serious?" I chuckled as I read the returned text. Then I picked up my phone and text him back. "How about I walk to you and then you and I walk back home. We can walk together for steps!" I waited for a response. Back comes "Cool, meet you 4:45".

I met him at the corner of the street where his friend lives. It was 1500 steps from our house. We continued around the entire neighborhood and back up to our house. We passed many neighbors many which have seen the show, and even one who yelled "looking good" (my son's baseball coach - he is a little partial so he doesnt count but for a second it sounded GREAT!) We finally arrived back at our garage 5240 steps.

So not only did I get in half my steps but I had great company and learned all about my sons day and taught him to get up and get moving!!

2 comments: