3/18/10

Lesson Learned Today

I learned today from a friend ONE slice of cheese (pick the type) has the same amount of fat as 32 (YES 32) regular baked potatoes (Not Chips Actual Potatoes). WOW, I couldn't believe this when I read it. I think I read it three or four times before it actually sunk into my head and actually made sense! I was attempting in my head to visualize all those taters next to a tiny piece of cheese. It just doesn't even seem worth it to me!

Then as I am eating tonight I was thinking about how I am eating so many things I would NEVER eat before. Today I ate a sweet potato. I would NEVER eat those before NOT even at Thanksgiving with marshmallows on them. But today I ate them plain and loved them! Also today a veggie burger and potato salad - again TWO things I would have never touched before! I realized that something in my mind has switched over to "it is just food". Instead of "IT IS JUST FOOOOD!" Can you feel it in the words? In other words - it isn't a feeling anymore - it seems to have changed into a word "food"

I read an interesting saying today that seems to be fitting - "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." I think I would like to try that for size!! Wanna try it with me?

1 comment:

  1. It will help you so much feeling that food is just food. It is here to nourish our bodies. Thinking like this will get you far.

    ReplyDelete