3/21/10

What a Weekend

Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days. I have missed all of you. Yes, what are there four people that watch me. LOL. My son came home from school on Thursday in tears and stated that he could not swallow. I asked him when it started which in turn stated to me "since fifth period". I asked him why he didn't go to the nurse. He tells me he didn't know where it was. Now mind you he has been going to this school since the 5th grade! He is now in the 8th grade! He tells me he informed the teachers in each class he doesn't feel well and they just tell him to lay his head down. So he does what any kid does when they put their head down he fell asleep. Are the teachers that clueless that if a kid falls asleep that they are not concerned. I mean it isn't like my son usually comes to school to sleep. I would have thought (or HOPED) they would have sent him to the office. Move ahead 12 hours and we are in the ER and his temp ends up being 103.9 and he has strep throat. Think the teacher would look twice NOW!!

My favorite is that he yells for my mom in the middle of the night. He of course has a high fever "Eme (this is what he calls my mom) I can't move my arms or legs" of course my mom jumps out of bed like there is a fire! She says "can you NOT move them or does it just hurt to?" He then answers "well, yes it just hurts to move them". She then proceeds to put her heart back in her chest and proceed to the medicine cabinet to retrieve the Advil - and me the mother. We finally get the fever down after alternating Tylenol and Motrin piggy backing them. I have to say it was the first time since he was a baby that he scared me being so sick. Thank goodness for grandma's!! As she informed me - she has a great deal more experience. Not only in years, but she has a child that was ALWAYS sick. (Yes that would be me)

I did manage to get all my walking in this weekend. The weather was beautiful!! I decided to take a trash bag with me and on my walk pick up as I go. So each time I walk I bring at least one bag of trash home with me when I return. Wow what a great neighbor I am (pat on back). I cannot believe the mess that is left after the snow melts! I also cannot believe all the CRAP people leave on mailboxes etc. We will paint your house, clean your windows, spray your yard yet non of them will pick up their stupid papers that blow away in the wind!!

So everyone waves and I have met many neighbors on my walks. Many people have watched the show and know what I am up to. So many people knew me in school but didn't know of my secret life of modeling or beauty pageants. One told me today "Yeah I heard you USED to be super hot in school" WOW that one cut like a knife. I just thanked him and then politely excused myself to continue walking. It is those people that FIRE ME UP to succeed. It is those people I want to put in their place. It is those people I will use as energy when I feel I cannot do my 10,000 steps. When I think I cannot do one more sit-up, one more lunge. When I think my journey is over - I will remember that "USED to be" and never want to look back and continue on the positive journey forward!!

Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. this post had me laughing. Sounds like you are growing through your journey. Hope your son feels better.

    ReplyDelete